Monday, August 6, 2012

Ripe

I got home from school shopping today to find one of my peaches on the ground below the miniature tree. I was more excited than I should be for peaches, but this was one of the reasons I was so excited to have a home of my own- to be able to grow some of my own food! The peach tree was all that got planted this year but I have bigger plans for next year. I'm excited to put the "Garrden" in the Garr. den. of. love. blog! haha   I never said comedy was one of my strong suits. ;)


The tree only yielded 4 peaches, but I was glad it produced anything at all this year since we just planted it only 3 months ago.  I've already eaten one and it was DELICIOUS.  Nothing like a sun-ripened homegrown peach!  

That wasn't all that ripened and fell off... errr out lately.


Kalista lost her first tooth!  And if you can't tell, she was crying right before this picture was taken.  Having Mom yank your tooth out hurts!  But as soon as it was out, she was soooo excited to show everyone!  It is kind of a bittersweet moment for me.  I remember getting so excited 6 years ago seeing that little tooth break through her gums.  How time flies.  I guess my baby is growing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment