Saturday, August 18, 2012

Think Pink!

My girl LOVES pink.  Although I think that is normal for about any little girl.  Heck, when I was a kid I was obsessed with the color too.  Just take a listen at one of my favorite songs from when I was about 10.


Now it is going to be stuck in your head all day! haha! I had this song on replay all the time and just was obsessed with the CD all together.  Why doesn't Barbie make music anymore?  Anyways, back to the point of this post.  Here is the before before before.

Hey, we started out with pink insulation walls!

Drywall up!

The actual white walls before


After







You have got to have some room jewelry!

It's not an in-your-face pink.  More like a soft, subdued, light and airy pink.  I love it! So does Kalista :)  The color is called Satin Sheets and I think I bought it at Lowes.  I was so excited to paint something pink, that I bought the paint quite a few months before we even moved in.

Here are our process pictures.

First I layed down plastic to protect our new carpet, then I taped off all of the trim and ceiling with Frog Tape... I love this stuff, no bleed through at all! Then removed the outlet covers and light switch plates.




Then we painted, and painted, and painted some more until it was all covered!  The kids even got in on the action too.  

She loves it!

Now that the painting is done, I have a whole laundry list of what still needs to be done in this room.

  • Build/upholster a bed 
  • Accessorize and get artwork to put on the walls
  • Paint the dresser and get new knobs
  • Get a nightstand second hand and update it with paint
  • Put curtains up
  • Get new bedding

But that will take time with a budget.  So it will be some time before this room is all done.  That's ok, because as of right now this room is the only one that is even painted in the house.  I have a few other before and after projects that I have really got to take the time and post.  Here is a preview of one I will post soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment